Autor Tema: Art Bears – Hopes And Fears  (Leído 2742 veces)

Desconectado MrBrain

• Moderador Global
  • Soñando con Sinfomusic
  • Me gusta: 18
  • Recuperando el tiempo perdido
  • Música: ¡¡Música!!
Art Bears – Hopes And Fears
« en: 23 de Septiembre de 2013, 21:21:37 pm »
La puedes leer ---> Aquí

Desconectado edumalavida

• ¡Yo soy Sinfomusic!
  • Me gusta: 39
  • Música: Avant-Prog/RIO
Re:Art Bears – Hopes And Fears
« Respuesta #1 en: 05 de Diciembre de 2014, 18:23:28 pm »
Os copio/pego un texto muy interesante que han posteado hoy en Facebook sobre este disco y su posible autoría a cargo de Henry Cow o Art Bears. El autor es Veit Stauffer, uno de los fundadores de la -ya mítica- compañía suiza RecRec. Creo que no tiene desperdicio.

A modo de intro, viene a decir que "Hopes & fears" iba a ser originalmente un disco de Henry Cow al que luego quitaron algunos temas y cambiaron el orden de las canciones, y que algún tema acabó en el "Western culture" de HC, editado con posterioridad a la salida de "Hopes & fears" (ver cuestiones al final)..

.. concerning "Hopes & Fears" (recorded January 1978) album by ART BEARS i have the following informations: recently i found the tape again with original track order, side a is the same, side b is different, minus two tracks, adding four new tracks (recorded march 78) ... now when i see the original tracklist, it comes very clear to my ears, i heard that tape at least daily ca. 100 times in the meaning it would be next HENRY COW, before "hopes & fears" was released end of may 78 as trio ART BEARS with guests ... i hear the end of "in two minds", than break for "viva pere ubu" plus "half the sky", very powerful and dynamic .... i also hear again very clearly the last track "moeris.dancing" , very hypnotic the end, you could do an endless rill with that ... anyway, i don't want change history, but i'm very happy to have this "lost henry cow album" back with that 6 piece henry cow line-up ... ps. i was there in the sunrise studio, when the band heard end results of the album, they kindly let me record the whole album on my cheap cassette machine ...

side a

1. on suicide
2. dividing line
3. joan
4. maze
5. in two minds

side b

1. viva pere ubu
2. half the sky
3. pirate song
4. labyrinth
5. riddle
6. moeris.dancing

Estos son las cuestiones -pertinentes- que se han ido haciendo después (no cito a los que preguntan, sí a Veit)

Cuestión: Hi Veit, so the above six tracks would potentially have been "Western Culture", had they not decided to split the material of "WC" with addition of Tim's 'side'?

Veit Stauffer: Hi, they decided in March 78 in London after heavy discussions, that they remove "viva pere ubu" (tim hodgkinson) and "half the sky" (lindsay cooper) from the album ... and Fred composed four new compositions for "Hopes & Fears" .... so to say "Winter Songs" and "The World As It Is Today" are two real ART BEARS albums as a trio, but "Hopes & Fears" was planned as the next HENRY COW album, then changed afterwards ... If you hear the tracks again in the trackorder above, you hear in fact a pretty different album, with a 6 piece line-up !

Veit Stauffer: https://www.facebook.com/230065963718137/photos/pb.230065963718137.-2207520000.1417786489./486626598062071/?type=3&theater ---- this was the moment: the band heard end results of the album :-
Foto de REC REC Shop.

Cuestión: In fact some "new" tracks were played in tour 1977. I saw a gig in Italy, where they played a pair of tracks after on Art Bears hopes... and one on second one.

Veit Stauffer: very true, the henry cow live recordings 1977-78 gives you alot of variations, instrumental versions and / or extracts of the material composed out on "hopes & fears" and "western culture" - see henry cow boxes

Cuestión: I will do just that, Veit. When I get a spare minute I'll put a playlist together of the above running order

Veit Stauffer: to be correct: FRED composed four new songs in march 1978: B1. Terrain B2. The Tube B3. The Dance ---- and at the end B8. Piers ---

En el enlace citado arriba se pueden ver algunas fotos de las sesiones de "Hopes & fears":

https://www.facebook.com/230065963718137/photos/pb.230065963718137.-2207520000.1417786489./486626598062071/?type=3&theater
"This was serious. She's got an oboe, and she knows what to do with it." - John Greaves, "Henry Cow: The world is a problem"

Desconectado David Fresno

• Soñando con Sinfomusic
  • Me gusta: 8
  • Hola a tod@s los sinfomusiqueros
  • Música: Varias
« Respuesta #2 en: 08 de Diciembre de 2014, 23:25:23 pm »
Lo cierto es que en este momento no puedo ir más allá de lo que comenté en la reseña que en su momento hice del disco:

http://sinfomusic.net/foros/SMF/index.php?topic=5179.msg149617#msg149617

Por otra parte no tengo facebook y no sé si tendría acceso al mensaje completo de este autor. No es absurdo que haya quien quiera considerar al album como parte de la discografía de Henry Cow. Por una parte hay un disco de Recommended dedicado a unir en un cd los dos discos de Art Bears que no son Hopes and Fears. Por otro lado es cierto que Henry Cow tocó parte del repertorio que luego apareció en este disco. También es cierto que la versión oficial de los hechos - recogida en los libretos de las cajas de Henry Cow y de Art Bears - afirma que es el propio grupo quien no se reconoció como tal en ese disco, naciendo Art Bears.

Sin conocer los textos originales este autor y pese a que proceden de una persona relacionada con los músicos, creo que lo que has extractado casi parece reflejar más un deseo personal del autor de que Hopes & Fears sea un disco de Henry Cow que otra cosa. A mí personalmente me satisface lo mismo con independencia de quién lo firme.

Desconectado Pantagruel

• Profundizando en Sinfomusic
  • Me gusta: 11
  • relaxin' with a café con leche
  • Música: enfelma
« Respuesta #3 en: 10 de Diciembre de 2014, 10:28:55 am »
Lo que no entiendo es por qué en vez de Art Bears no le pusieron de nombre al grupo Cinema.

"What is this hope of possitive development in a world that's falling appart?"
Christy Doran

Desconectado David Fresno

• Soñando con Sinfomusic
  • Me gusta: 8
  • Hola a tod@s los sinfomusiqueros
  • Música: Varias
« Respuesta #4 en: 10 de Diciembre de 2014, 16:36:22 pm »
"´Sacto".  ;D ;D