Autor Tema: Beat, edición 40th Anniversary  (Leído 1668 veces)

Desconectado icrp1961

• ¡Me reencarnaré en Sinfomusic!
  • Me gusta: 48
  • Desverbatimizar ayuda al artista y al minorista.
  • Música: Pues... música
Beat, edición 40th Anniversary
« en: 16 de Junio de 2016, 21:02:49 pm »
Lo dicho:

Copio y pego:

CD New stereo mix

Neal and Jack and Me
Heartbeat
Sartori In Tangier
Waiting Man
Neurotica
Two Hands
The Howler
Requiem (extended version)

Absent Lovers (instrumental studio recording)

DVD-A
5.1 Surround Sound Mix

Neal and Jack and Me
Heartbeat
Sartori In Tangier
Waiting Man
Neurotica
Two Hands
The Howler

New Stereo Mix 

Neal and Jack and Me
Heartbeat
Sartori In Tangier
Waiting Man
Neurotica
Two Hands
The Howler

Neal and Jack and Me (alt take)
Absent Lovers (live recording)

Original Stereo Mix (30th anniversary edition)

Neal and Jack and Me
Heartbeat
Sartori In Tangier
Waiting Man
Neurotica
Two Hands
The Howler
Requiem

Alternative album - early mix

Neal and Jack and Me
Heartbeat
Sartori In Tangier
Waiting Man
Neurotica
Two Hands
The Howler
Requiem

Video

Heartbeat (studio)
Waiting Man (live, Munich 1982)
Heartbeat (live, Munich 1982)

Please note that all material on this edition will be included on the forthcoming '80s box set, On And Off The Road.

Fuente:
https://www.dgmlive.com/news.htm?entry=5544

Copio y pego:

The eleventh release in King Crimson's superlative 40th Anniversary series.

Featuring 2016 stereo and 5.1 surround mixes (by Steven Wilson and Robert Fripp), Sid Smith sleeve notes and extra tracks, this is a definitive edition of King Crimson's classic 1982 studio release.

* Mixed for 5.1 Surround Sound from the original studio masters by Steven Wilson (fully approved by Robert Fripp).

* CD features a 2016 stereo album mix by Robert Fripp and Steven Wilson and also features live and studio versions of the otherwise unreleased track Absent Lovers.

* DVD-A (compatible with all DVD players and DVD Rom players) features a 5.1 DTS mix and High Resolution Stereo mixes.

* DVD-A players can, additionally, access a 5.1 Lossless audio mix and Lossless Stereo mixes.

* DVD-A features both the original album mix and the 2016 album mix in High Resolution stereo.

* DVD-A also features the complete album in rough mix form dating from the time of the original sessions.

* DVD-A also includes footage of performances featured on German TV live from The Alabamahalle and the original, rarely seen, promotional film for Heartbeat.

* As with the other 40th Anniversary releases, the set is presented in a double digipak format in a slipcase and contains sleeve notes by King Crimson biographer Sid Smith (along with rare photos and archive material).

The second part of King Crimson's acclaimed and influential Minimalist Ethno-Art-Rock/Post-Punk 1980s trilogy sounding and looking better than ever before.

Pre-order for 14th October release.

Tracks
CD:

1. Neal and Jack and Me
2. Heartbeat
3. Sartori in Tangier
4. Waiting Man
5. Neurotica
6. Two Hands
7. The Howler
8. Requiem

9. Absent Lovers (studio)
10. Absent Lovers (live)

DVD-A (playable globally):

Beat Album: DVD-A 5.1 Lossless Surround Sound, DTS 5.1 Surround Sound

Beat (Audio):

Album 2016 mix and original mix - Both in High Resolution Stereo
Rough mixes of complete album plus additional audio tracks.

Mixed by Robert Fripp and Steven Wilson.

Video:

Promotional film for Heartbeat
Two live tracks from Munich

Fuente:
https://www.burningshed.com/store/kingcrimson/product/362/7728/

Copio y pego:

Full album 2016 stereo mix + bonus tracks & video.
Adrian Belew: Guitar, Lead Vocal Robert Fripp:¬ Guitar, Organ, Frippertronics
Tony Levin: Stick, Bass Guitar, Support Vocal Bill Bruford: Drumming

ALL MATERIAL FROM BEAT WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE FORTHCOMING 80s BOX SET.

“Beat” was released in June 1982 just eight months after the 80s Crimson lineup debut album “Discipline”. It marked the first occasion where a King Crimson line-up had remained intact for a two album stretch and was also the first album by the band to employ a separate producer – Rhett Davies. The juxtaposition of lyrics heavily influenced by 50s beat luminaries Jack Kerouac and Neal Cassady.

The complex polyrhythmic musical textures of the ‘80s Crimson, the strength of the songs and the cohesion of the studio performances, all helped the album chart upon release in the US and the UK.

Songs like ‘Waiting Man’, ‘Neal and Jack and Me’ and ‘Heartbeat’ became firm favourites with fans and concert goers. ‘Heartbeat’ in particular was an FM radio regular in the US and even merited a promo film shot for the then-emerging music TV market, while one of the album’s twin instrumental tracks ‘Sartori In Tangier’ anticipated the emerging interest in African based rhythmic styles that would become such a fascination for musicians in the latter part of the decade. As ever, Crimson was pushing forward, looking for new methods to communicate internally as a band and externally with an audience. It was, perhaps, the nearest King Crimson ever came to the rock music ‘mainstream’.

As with other albums in the King Crimson CD/DVD-A series, the stereo CD features a new stereo mix by Robert Fripp and Steven Wilson, while the DVD-A features 5.1 mixes of the album by Steven Wilson, high resolution stereo mixes of the original and new stereo mixes. Additionally, the original album is presented in rough mix form along with additional audio extras, video performance footage of two songs from The Alabamahalle, Germany and the original promo film for Heartbeat.

•   Beat – is the eleventh release in the acclaimed King Crimson 40th anniversary series.
•   The classic album has been mixed for 5.1 Surround Sound from the original studio masters by Steven Wilson & is fully approved by Crimson founder Robert Fripp.
•   CD features a completely new stereo album mix by Robert Fripp & Steven Wilson
•   CD also features live & studio versions of the otherwise unreleased “Absent Lovers” track.
•   DVD-A (compatible with all DVD players & DVD Rom players) features a 5.1 DTS Mix and High Resolution Stereo mixes.
•   DVD-A players can, additionally, access a 5.1 Lossless audio mix and Lossless Stereo mixes.
•   DVD-A features both the original album mix & the new album mix in High Resolution stereo
•   DVD-A also features the complete album in rough mix form dating from the time of the original sessions
•   DVD-A also includes footage of performances featured on German TV live from The Alabamahalle & the original, rarely seen, promo film for ‘Heartbeat’.
•   Presented as a 2 x digi-pack format in a slipcase with new sleeve notes by King Crimson biographer Sid Smith along with rare photos & archive material.

Fuente:
http://shop.schizoidshop.com/king-crimson---beat-40th-anniversary-edition-p1595.aspx

Music shouldn't be easy to understand. You have to come to the music yourself, gradually. Not everything must be received with open arms. (John Coltrane, 1963)
"Nada es verdad, todo está permitido" (El almuerzo desnudo, William S. Burroughs)